Ttitle VI Policy Overview
Sun Tran's Title VI Policy (Politica de Título VI en Español)
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 states the following:
"No person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Sun Tran is committed to complying with the requirements of Title VI in all federally funded programs.
Any individual who feels they have experienced unlawful discrimination under Title VI can submit a complaint at no charge. All complaints must be submitted in person or by mail within 180 calendar days of the alleged incident. For your convenience, visit Sun Tran’s main office or download the Title VI complaint form (Español) online. Please submit complaints or questions to:
By mail or in person:
Title VI Coordinator
3920 N. Sun Tran Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85705
Sun Tran does not accept confidential information, such as this complaint form, via e-mail.
Call for additional information:
TDD: (520) 628-1565
In order for Sun Tran to investigate a complaint filed, the following guidelines must be met:
- The issue must be one of discrimination, and specific criteria must be met in order for Sun Tran to investigate the charge of harassment, discrimination and/or retaliation.
- It is necessary to show that persons of a different group (race, color or national origin) have been treated in a different manner that has led to a refusal or restriction of using public transportation.
- The complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days from the date of the alleged discriminatory act.
- Complete all sections of the applicable complaint form and either print or type the complaint information. In completing the form, please provide clear and concise information when describing the alleged discriminatory practice(s) and/or act(s). Incomplete forms will be returned without further processing.
- The complaint form must be signed and dated, where indicated. Unsigned forms will be returned without further processing.
- Please submit the completed form to Sun Tran’s Office listed above. The complaint will be reviewed and a response will be mailed. Please note the review process may take several weeks.
- For additional information, contact Sun Tran’s Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (TDD: (520) 628-1565).