Sun Tran Introduces New Fares and SunGO Savings Programs for 2017
Effective January 2, 2017, Sun Tran, Sun Link and Sun Shuttle will implement a new fare structure and several new programs to allow riders to pay lower fares when using a SunGO Card.
- Cash fares will be $1.75 for full-fare riders, $.75 for economy fare-riders and $2.25 for express buses.
- Riders who pay their fare using value on a SunGO Card will now pay a discounted fare – $1.50 for full-fare riders and $.60 for economy-fare riders.
- Each fare entitles the passenger to two hours of unlimited rides on all regular Sun Tran, Sun Link and Sun Shuttle routes. Riders must have a SunGO card in order to load the two-hour transfer ticket.
- Riders who load a Day Pass on their SunGO Card will also receive a discount – paying only $3.75 for unlimited rides during a 24-hour period.
In addition, two promotional programs will allow riders to save even more when they use a SunGO Card.
- $25 for $20: SunGO Card users who load $20 in value on their registered SunGO card, use it within 45 days and notify Sun Tran will receive a $5 value added to their SunGO card.
- Free SunGO Card with Registration: Riders who register a SunGO card will receive a registration bonus – $2 added to their card.
Fares on the Sun Van ADA paratransit service will also be revised. Full-fare riders on Sun Van ADA service will continue to pay $3 per one-way trip; low-income riders will pay $1.50. Riders who use Sun Van’s optional ADA service will now pay a higher fare of $5 for full-fare riders and $3 for low income riders. Optional ADA service includes:
- Riders who need to be picked up or dropped off outside of the Sun Van ADA service area.
- Riders who schedule a same-day request.
- Riders who schedule a will-call request.
- Riders who schedule service outside of the service hours for nearby Sun Tran, Sun Link and Sun Shuttle routes.
For more information, details on the transit system changes, and our sales outlet locations visit www.suntran.com or call Sun Tran’s Customer Service Center at 792-9222 (TDD: 628-1565).