- Arrive at your stop at least five minutes early. Wait on the sidewalk, a safe distance from the road or in the bus shelter where the coach operator can see you.
- Check the sign above the front window to be sure it travels to your desired destination.
- Stay back from the curb or edge of the street and wait until the shuttle comes to a complete stop.
- About one block from your desired stop, notify your driver that you would like to get off.
- Gather personal belongings before you exit. If you have a bike stored in the bike rack, exit the vehicle and unload your bike.
Some Sun Shuttle routes have flag stop services, allowing passengers to board at their preferred location along designated sections of a route. Flag stop areas are indicated on the maps with a double line.
Passengers using a Flag Stop should wait a safe distance from the street and wave to the driver to indicate you would like a ride.
Sun Shuttle Routes with Flag Stops:
- 410 – Anway/Trico
- 411 – Cortaro/Silverbell
- 412 – Thornydale/River
- 430 – Tucson Estates
- 440 – San Xavier
- 450 – SE Tucson/Rita Ranch
For Sun Shuttle 410, passengers can schedule a pick-up or drop-off within 3/4 mile of Sun Shuttle routes. For deviated services on a Monday, requests must be scheduled prior to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Other deviated service requests must be scheduled by 6 p.m. the previous day.
To schedule route deviation service, you must make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance by calling (520) 792-9222 between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
Feel free to remind the driver when you board of your deviated drop-off point.
Sun Shuttle provides dial-a-ride service for passenger convenience in Oro Valley, the Green Valley/Sahuarita area and the area previously serviced by Handicar. All trips require a reservation one to seven days in advance. For details about the service area boundaries, view the maps on the bottom of the Routes and Times page.
Green Valley/Sahuarita Dial-a-Ride:
- Trip cancellations must be made by 6 p.m. the day prior to a scheduled trip.
- Call (520) 792-9222 to schedule your ride.
Oro Valley Dial-a-Ride:
- Service areas vary for seniors, persons with disabilities, or the general public.
- Trip cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. the day prior to a scheduled trip.
- Call (520) 229-4990 to schedule your ride.
- Visit Oro Valley Dial-a-Ride Policies for additional details.
Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride (Previously Handicar service):
- Call (520) 792-9222 to schedule a ride.
- Trip cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. the day before a scheduled trip. Monday trips must be cancelled by Friday of the previous week.
Sun Shuttle does not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a weekend, an additional day may be observed on a weekday.
Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride service in Oro Valley for ADA eligible passengers only, service is provided on the holidays listed above from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Please call (520) 792-9222 for more details. Oro Valley Dial-a-Ride passengers, please call (520) 229-4990.