Sun Tran Accessible Rider Training (START)
Sun Tran’s free program is designed to help individuals, including those with disabilities and seniors, learn how to ride the bus.
Program Goal: To effectively educate the community on how to utilize Sun Tran service independently throughout the region.
The classes cover:
- How to utilize Sun Tran’s Ride Guide, website, and Customer Service Center to obtain bus schedules, route maps and trip planning assistance.
- How to determine which bus to take and how to transfer buses.
- How to pay your fare, including various passes you can use on Sun Tran.
- Boarding the bus using the lift or ramp, and the position and securement of mobility devices.
- First hand experience riding a Sun Tran bus.
For more information, call (520) 206-8881.