Special Services Office
Special Services Office
35 W. Alameda (SW corner of Stone at Alameda)
Tucson, Arizona 85701
TDD: (520) 791-2639
Normal Hours of Operation
- Weekdays - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Weekends - Closed
Temporary Hours of Operation (Effective August 7, 2017)
- Monday: 7 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
At the special Services Office you can:
- Apply for the Economy Fare Program
- Renew a SunGO ID & Card
- Add value or pass to SunGO Cards for full fare passangers or SunGO Id & Cards for economy fare passangers
- Purchase 1-Day or 30-Day SunGO Tickets
- Reload a SunGO Ticket
Sun Tran & Sun Shuttle Passengers:
Apply for the Economy Fare Program
Low-income, persons with disabilities, seniors 65 years and older, and Medicare cardholders can apply for the Economy Fare Program. If approved, an existing SunGO ID & Card may be renewed or a new SunGO ID & Card may be issued, making the passenger eligible for the reduced fare on Sun Tran and Sun Shuttle. The only accepted ID to qualify for the economy fare is the SunGO ID & Card.
For more information, click on the appropriate link below:
To qualify for the reduced fare on Sun Van, please visit the ADA Paratransit Eligibility Office website.
Sun Van ADA Paratransit Passengers:
Create a Sun Van Electronic Fare Account
Cash is not accepted on Sun Van, so passengers must use the electronic fare payment system. The system allows passengers to pay into a personal Sun Van account over the phone, in person or by mail. To set up an account, qualified Sun Van passengers should call Special Services at (520) 791-4100 (TDD: 791-2639).
To qualify for Sun Van, please contact the ADA Paratransit Eligibility Office.
Add Value to a Sun Van Electronic Fare Account
Add value to your established payment account in the following ways:
- By Phone - pay with a credit or debit card
- By Mail - pay with a check or money order made out to City of Tucson
- In Person - Pay with cash, check, money order, or credit or debit card at Special Services.
Value can be added in the following increments:
- Full Fare - $32
- Economy Fare - $16
Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride (Formerly Handicar)
Buy Vouchers to Ride: Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride is available to individuals who live within the eligibility area and have been certified by the ADA Eligibility Office. Cash is not accepted when boarding, so passengers must purchase vouchers before riding. Vouchers are sold in booklets of 10 and can be purchased over the phone, in person or by mail.
- Full Fare Vouchers - $32 per booklet
- Economy Fare Vouchers - $16 per booklet
For more information, click here or call (520) 792-9222 (TDD: 628-1565).