How to Pay
For passenger convenience, there are several ways to pay a transit fare.
Boarding Tips - Sun Tran
- Have your fare ready before you board.
- Tap your SunGO Card, SunGO ID & Card or SunGO Ticket clearly on the farebox.
- If paying with GoTucson Transit app, show your activated pass to the operator.
- If paying cash, inform the driver, then tap your card when indicated.
- The farebox validates bills and coins.
- The farebox recognizes pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, 50 cent pieces, Susan B. Anthony dollars, and $1, $2, $5 and $10 bills.
- Transfers will automatically load on SunGO Card and SunGO ID & Cards if paying cash value from a card. If paying cash, you must have a SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card to receive a transfer. If no SunGO Card is present, then fare is required on each transit vehicle.
- If paying for more than one passenger, inform the driver.
Boarding Tips - Sun Link
- Have your SunGO product ready before you board.
- Tap your SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card to the validator once you board the streetcar.
- If paying with GoTucson Transit app, activate your pass and show to fare enforcement.
- Cash is not accepted on Sun Link. Please purchase a 1-Day Ticket from the ticket vending machine with cash before you board.
- Transfer will automatically load on SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card if paying with cash value from the card.
Full Fare Passengers
Full fare passengers can pay with the following:
- SunGO Card - with a pass or cash value loaded for boarding ease
- SunGO Ticket - with a 1-Day, 3-Day or 30-Day pass loaded
- Cash (not allowed on Sun Link)
- Purchase a 1-Day Pass on the bus with value loaded on a SunGO Card.
Economy Fare Passengers
Economy fare passengers can pay with the following:
- SunGO ID & Card - with a pass or cash value loaded for boarding ease
- Cash - Inform the driver you plan to pay cash. The driver will inform the passenger when to tap the SunGO ID & Card as proof of reduced fare qualification. Once the cash fare is placed in the farebox, the ID can be tapped again to load a transfer.