SunGO utilizes smart card technology to provide a convenient way to pay a fare and transfer throughout the region on Sun Tran, Sun Express, Sun Shuttle and the Sun Link modern streetcar. The SunGO smart card serves as the fare payment card that can store cash value or passes for passenger convenience and boarding ease. Just tap the card to the farebox and go!
A smart card resembles a credit card in size and shape, but inside has a computer chip instead of a magnetic stripe. For transit, the smart card will serve as the fare payment card and can store cash value or passes.
Benefits of SunGO
Passengers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Single card to pay all fares
- More convenient purchasing options for all
- Balance protection for registered cards
- Faster boarding to keep buses on time!
- It’s Fast – Easy – Smart!
Register a Card
To realize the benefits of registration listed below, full fare passengers with a SunGO Card must create an account and register their card online at www.suntran.com/sungo. Economy fare passengers with a SunGO ID & Card are automatically registered at the time of issue from the Special Services office. SunGO Tickets cannot be registered.
The registration process is complete once the newly registered card is tapped on the farebox or ticket vending machine.
Please save your user ID and password after registration to avoid being locked out of your account after the third failed log-in.
Benefits of Registration
- Balance Protection – To protect the cash value and/or passes on a SunGO Card, we recommend registering your card. If a card is reported lost or stolen, Sun Tran can transfer the cash value or days remaining to a new card once one is purchased.
- Auto Buy* – Eliminates the need to track the cash value or days remaining on a SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card. Registered cardholders can set up an account to automatically add value/pass through a secure funds transfer from a select credit or debit card on a regular basis. Auto Buy adds a predetermined cash value when the value on a card is depleted, or a new pass is added once the existing product is about to expire
*Note: If registered for the Auto Buy feature to automatically load a pass or value on your SunGO Card, please note that if you receive a new credit/debit card, this must be changed in the Auto Buy system. Please follow these steps:
- Log-on to your SunGO account and turn the Auto Buy feature OFF.
- Purchase the SunGO product online that you wish to automatically load on your card through the Auto Buy system. Be sure to pay using the new debit/credit card.
- Once the value/product loads to the SunGO Card, log into SunGO account and turn Auto Buy feature back ON.