Remember These Tips for Riding
Before you board
- Arrive at your stop at least five minutes early. Wait where the coach operator can see you.
- Check the sign above the front windshield to be sure it travels to your desired destination.
- Stay back from the curb and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop.
Paying Your Fare
- Be ready with a SunGO Card, SunGO ID & Card, ticket or exact change before you board. If using the GoTucson Transit App, activate your pass before boarding.
- All passengers must have a SunGO Card or SunGO ID & Card, even if paying cash, to receive a transfer. A transfer will load onto your SunGO card when tapped on the farebox.
- If paying with cash, first tell the driver if you’re paying “full fare” or “economy fare.”
- For full fare pay the correct cash amount first, then tap your valid SunGO Card to load a transfer.
- For economy fare you must have a valid SunGO ID & Card as proof of qualification for economy fare. Pay the correct cash amount, show ID to driver, then tap your card to load a transfer.
- Operators may deny boarding to anyone without a valid fare.
- The bus or operator will announce major stops and intersections. Feel free to ask the operator to call out your destination.
- About one block from your desired stop, press the bell tape or pull the cord next to the window to signal you want the bus to stop.
- Gather all personal belongings and exit through the rear door. If you have a bike stored in the bike rack, exit from the front. Sun Tran is not responsible for items left on the bus.