Remember These Tips for Riding
- You should arrive at your stop at least five minutes early. Wait on the sidewalk or in the bus shelter where the coach operator can see you.
- As the bus approaches, check the sign above the front window to be sure it will take you to your desired destination. If it's the correct bus, signal the operator that you wish to board.
- Stay back from the curb and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Be ready with exact change, a SunGO Card, SunGO ID & Card, SunGO Ticket or activated pass on Go Tucson before you board. If paying the economy fare, the only accepted ID is the SunGO ID & Card, which must be tapped on the farebox each time you board. If paying cash, inform your driver first.
- Have your SunGO card or ticket loaded with a pass or value before you board. A 1-Day Pass can be purchased on the bus with the value loaded on a SunGO Card.
- The coach operator or bus will announce major stops and intersections. If you are not familiar with the area, feel free to ask the operator to call out your destination.
- When you are about one block from your desired stop, pull the cord or press the bell tape next to the window.
- Gather all your personal belongings and exit through the rear door, unless you have a bike stored in the bike rack. In that case, you should exit from the front.
How to pay your fare
Boarding the bus for people with limited mobility