HOW TO RIDE
- Arrive at your stop at least five minutes early. Wait where the coach operator can see you.
- Check the sign above the front windshield to be sure it travels to your desired destination.
- Stay back from the curb and wait until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- About one block from your desired stop, pull the cord or press the bell tape next to the window.
- Gather personal belongings before you exit. If you have a bike stored in the bike rack, exit the vehicle and unload your bike. Sun Shuttle is not responsible for items left on vehicle.
- Passengers using a Flag Stop should wait a safe distance from the street and wave to the driver indicating you want a ride.
RULES FOR RIDING
Be Safe and Respect Other Riders
- Shirt, pants and shoes are required.
- No smoking on board, including electronic cigarettes.
- Never interfere with the driver’s ability to drive safely.
- Always keep arms, head and hands inside the vehicle.
- Gasoline-powered (GP) bicycles, GP scooters and GP skateboards are not allowed on vehicles or bike racks.
- Vehicle batteries and gas containers are not allowed inside transit vehicles.
- Except for service animals, keep pets enclosed in small cages or cardboard boxes.
- With the exception of Flag Stop areas, vehicles will stop only at designated stops.
Take Care of Your Bus
- Keep food and drinks in closed containers. No eating on the transit vehicle. No alcoholic beverages.
- Do not litter or create unsanitary conditions. Take your trash with you.
- Do not damage transit property.
Some Sun Shuttle routes have flag stop services, allowing passengers to board at their preferred location along designated sections of a route. Flag stop areas are indicated on the maps with a double line.
Passengers using a Flag Stop should wait a safe distance from the street and wave to the driver to indicate you would like a ride.
Sun Shuttle Routes with Flag Stops:
- 410 – Anway/Trico
- 412 – Thornydale/River
- 430 – Tucson Estates
- 440 – San Xavier
For Sun Shuttle 410, passengers can schedule a pick-up or drop-off within 3/4 mile of Sun Shuttle routes. For deviated services on a Monday, requests must be scheduled prior to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Other deviated service requests must be scheduled by 6 p.m. the previous day.
To schedule route deviation service, you must make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance by calling (520) 792-9222 between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
Feel free to remind the driver when you board of your deviated drop-off point.
Sun Shuttle provides dial-a-ride service for passenger convenience in Oro Valley, the Green Valley/Sahuarita area and the area previously serviced by Handicar. All trips require a reservation one to seven days in advance. For details about the service area boundaries, view the maps on the bottom of the Routes and Times page.
Green Valley/Sahuarita Dial-a-Ride:
- Trip cancellations must be made by 6 p.m. the day prior to a scheduled trip.
- Call (520) 792-9222 to schedule your ride.
Oro Valley Dial-a-Ride:
- Service areas vary for seniors, persons with disabilities, or the general public.
- Trip cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. the day prior to a scheduled trip.
- Call (520) 229-4990 to schedule your ride.
- Visit Oro Valley Dial-a-Ride Policies for additional details.
Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride (Previously Handicar service):
- Call (520) 792-9222 to schedule a ride.
- Trip cancellations must be made by 4 p.m. the day before a scheduled trip. Monday trips must be cancelled by Friday of the previous week.
Sun Shuttle does not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a weekend, an additional day may be observed on a weekday.
Sun Shuttle Dial-a-Ride service in Oro Valley for ADA eligible passengers only, service is provided on the holidays listed above from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Please call (520) 792-9222 for more details. Oro Valley Dial-a-Ride passengers, please call (520) 229-4990.